Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (3 MB)
- Cover and Contents (132 kb)
- Frog Worship: A Unique Culture (232 kb, 1-5)
author: Nirish Nepal
- Nepal (continued) (347 kb, 6-12)
author: Sylvain Levi
- पशुपतिनाथ प्रांगणमा प्राप्त अप्रकाशित लिच्छवि अभिलेख (185 kb, 1-2)
author: श्यामसुन्दर राजवंशी
- कपर्दार भोटु पाँडे (399 kb, 3-9)
author: ज्ञानमणि नेपाल
- नेपालमा मानवको उद्भव र विकाससम्बन्धी चिन्तन-परम्परा : एक अध्ययन (745 kb, 10-24)
author: केदारनाथ प्रधान
- जोगीचक्र (305 kb, 25-31)
author: लीलाभक्त मुनंकर्मी
- प्रधानमन्त्री जंगबहादुर राणाका समयको नेपाल-भोट युद्धको ऐतिहासिक सामग्री (गताङ्कको बाँकी) (764 kb, 32-50)
- About the Authors (33 kb)