Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (3.4 MB)
- Cover and Contents (241 kb)
- Halji Monastery- a Hidden Heritage in North-West Nepal (279 kb, 1-5)
author: Keshav Bidari
- Meshroom Varah of Ghandruk (234 kb, 6-9)
author: Ram Bahadur Kunwar
- Evolution of Buddhism and Archaeological Excavations in Lumbini (498 kb, 10-18)
author: Tara Nanda Mishra
- धुलीकोट राज्यको ऐतिहासिक सर्वेक्षण (704 kb, 19-31)
author: प्रा. डा. राजाराम सुवेदी
- पचलीस्थित बम्बीर बिकटेश्वर महादेव मन्दिर जीर्णोद्धार (1.4 MB, 32-53)
author: प्रकाश दर्नाल
- About the Authors (48 kb)