Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (3.1 MB)
- Cover and Contents (103 kb)
- Samrajyeswar Mahadeva Temple: A Case of Archaeological Renovation Outside Nepal (363 kb, 1-6)
author: Dr. Rishi Keshab Regmi
- Archaeology in the Indian Subcontinent: An Approach to Methodology and Direction (399 kb, 7-15)
author: Dr. Prem K. Khatry
- Nepal (continued) (229 kb, 16-20)
author: Sylvain Levi
- साझा बाजे मलैबम्म (319 kb, 1-6)
author: राजाराम सुवेदी
- बजारका ठेकेदारहरूले मुद्दा हेर्नेबारेको संवत् १९९३ सालको अप्रकाशित सनद (332 kb, 7-11)
author: शंकर थापा, अमरनाथ श्रेष्ठ
- हाम्रो नृत्येश्वर (265 kb, 12-15)
author: शङ्करमान राजवंशी
- नेपालका अल्पसंख्यक र लोप हुन लागेको जाति: हायू (913 kb, 16-34)
author: भूपहरि पौडेल
- प्रधानमन्त्री जंगबहादुर राणाका समयको नेपाल-भोट युद्धका ऐतिहासिक सामग्री (गताङ्कको बाँकी) (268 kb, 35-39)
- About the Authors (56 kb)