Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (2.1 MB)
- Cover and Contents (47 kb)
- नेपाल देशको इतिहास संग्रह (1.1 MB, 1-27)
- ऐतिहासिक पत्रस्तम्भ (321 kb, 28-35)
author: श्री दुर्गाज्यूसाइ
- वैदिक शिल्पविज्ञान : एक दिग्दर्शन (130 kb, 36-38)
author: खोमराज नेपाल
- श्री ५ बडा महाराजाधिराज पृथ्वीनारायण शाहको संक्षिप्त जीवनी र जन्मकुण्डलीको व्याख्या (288 kb, 39-43)
author: शङ्करमान राजवंशी
- The Kallala Dynasty of the Jumla Valley (201 kb, 45-52)
author: Ram Niwas Pandey
- About the Authors (32 kb)