Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (2.5 MB)
- Cover and Contents (78 kb)
- Archaeological Investigations At Simraongarh, February-March 1991 (1.1 MB, 1-35)
author: Massimo Vidale and Francesca Lugli
- दिगुतलेज्यू (पाटन) (294 kb, 1-7)
author: कुलचन्द्र कोइराला
- नाला (उग्रचण्डी) भगवती मन्दिर : केही जिज्ञासा (332 kb, 8-14)
author: प्रकाश दर्नाल
- भक्तपुर राजदरवार र मूलचोकको ऐतिहासिकता (256 kb, 15-19)
author: लीलाभक्त मुनंकर्मी
- प्रधानमन्त्री जंगबहादुर राणाका समयको नेपाल-भोट युद्धका ऐतिहासिक सामग्री (गताङ्कको बाँकी) (458 kb, 20-28)
- About the Authors (51 kb)