Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (2.9 MB)
- Cover and Contents (69 kb)
- Virupaksha (182 kb, 1-5)
author: Hari Ram Joshi
- Report on the Monuments of Northern Nepal (continued) (284 kb, 6-13)
author: Corneille Jest
- Nepal (continued) (776 kb, 14-29)
author: Sylvain Levi
- सपादलक्ष साम्राज्यको अवसानपछि (441 kb, 1-7)
author: राजाराम सुवेदी
- नेपालमा दासप्रथाको मोचनका प्रयास र सफलता (343 kb, 8-14)
author: दिलबहादुर क्षत्री
- राजा वीरमल्लको भूमिसम्बन्धी तमसूक ताडपत्र (172 kb, 15-18)
author: श्यामसुन्दर राजवंशी
- सतार संस्कृति: एक चिनारी (360 kb, 19-26)
author: मदनप्रसाद कट्टेल
- प्रधानमन्त्री जंगबहादुर राणाका समयको नेपाल-भोट युद्धका ऐतिहासिक सामग्री (गताङ्कको बाँकी) (365 kb, 27-35)
- About the Authors (39 kb)