Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (12 MB)
- Cover and Contents (463 kb)
- Lumbini the Peace-Shrine and Place of Pilgrimage (481 kb, 1-7)
author: T. R. Vaidya
- Animistic Practices among tharus of Dang and Deokhuri (906 kb, 8-20)
author: Poonam Rana
- Khaptad Region in Mythology (541 kb, 21-30)
author: Shiva Raj Shrestha
- वैरोचन बुद्धको हस्तमुद्रा - एक अध्ययन (1.9 MB, 31-38)
author: डा. नरेशमान बज्राचार्य
- श्री ३ चन्द्रशमशेरका समयको काजी महावीर गडतोडाका नामको सनद पत (2.2 MB, 39-44)
author: डा. विजय कुमार मानन्धर
- बिग्रेको साइतमा काँगडाको युद्ध (1.2 MB, 45-49)
author: श्रीमती इन्दिरा जोशी
- प्रधानमन्त्री जंगबहादुर राणाको समयको नेपाल-भोट युद्धको ऐतिहासिक सामग्री (गतांकको बाँकी) (2.4 MB, 50-54)
- पुरातत्त्व विभागको गतिविधि (आ. व. २०५४/०५५) (1.7 MB, 55-64)
author: शोभा श्रेष्ठ
- About the Authors (24 kb)