Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (2.5 MB)
- Cover and Contents (48 kb)
- नेपालको इतिहास राजभोगमाला (गताङ्कको बाँकी) (773 kb, 1-17)
- ऐतिहासिक पत्रस्तम्भ (207 kb, 18-24)
author: श्री दुर्गासहाय
- श्री पृथ्वीनारायण शाहको नालदुमविजय (250 kb, 25-28)
author: मोहनप्रसाद खनाल
- महाकाली अंचलको पुरातात्विक अन्वेषण (628 kb, 29-35)
author: साफल्य अमात्य
- मानव शरीरमा अंगुष्ठको स्थान (103 kb, 36-38)
author: देवीप्रसाद लंसाल
- केही ऐतिहासिक उपकरण (140 kb, 39-42)
author: शंकरमान राजवंशी
- The Ancient and Medieval History of Western Nepal (397 kb, 45-60)
author: Ram Niwas Panday
- About the Authors (28 kb)