Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (3.2 MB)
- Cover and Contents (81 kb)
- Umamahesvar Temple of Kirtipur (365 kb, 1-8)
author: Sukra Sagar Shrestha
- Report on the Monuments of Northern Nepal (continued) (345 kb, 9-16)
author: Corneille Jest
- Nepal, Historical Study of a Hindu Kingdom (Volume III) (370 kb, 17-24)
author: Sylvain Levi
- नेपालेश्वरसंग भिक्षा याचना (149 kb, 1-3)
author: जगदीशचन्द्र रेग्मी
- श्री ३ महाराज चन्द्र शमशेर र चिनिया सम्मान (563 kb, 4-13)
author: तीर्थप्रसाद मिश्र
- फर्पिङ्गको ऐतिहासिक परिचय (835 kb, 14-25)
author: उद्धव आचार्य
- सृष्टिको प्रतीक लिंगपूजा (260 kb, 26-31)
author: डिल्लीराज शर्मा
- प्रधानमन्त्री जंगबहादुर राणाका समयको नेपाल-भोट युद्धका ऐतिहासिक सामग्री (गताङ्कको बाँकी) (261 kb, 32-36)
- About the Authors (53 kb)