Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (2.7 MB)
- Cover and Contents (91 kb)
- The Political Organisation of Southern Mustang During the 17th and 18th Centuries (224 kb, 1-7)
author: Dieter Schuh
- The Original Buddha and the Recent Buddha: A Preliminary Report on Buddhism in a Gurung Community (264 kb, 8-13)
author: Heinz Bechert
- पशुपतिप्रांगणाभिलेख (सं. ३८१) को परिष्कार (232 kb, 1-6)
author: वेणीमाधव ढकाल
- भोटमा नेपाली खचडा (629 kb, 7-20)
author: डा. तीर्थप्रसाद मिश्र
- दक्षिण कालिका (फर्पिङ) (645 kb, 21-35)
author: कुलचन्द्र कोइराला
- प्रधानमन्त्री जंगबहादुर राणाका समयको नेपाल-भोट युद्धको ऐतिहासिक सामग्री (गताङ्कको बाँकी) (634 kb, 36-50)
- About the Authors (54 kb)