Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (2.8 MB)
- Cover and Contents (48 kb)
- नेपाल देशको इतिहास(गताङ्कको बाँकी) (1.1 MB, 1-24)
- ऐतिहासिक पत्रस्तम्भ (360 kb, 25-32)
- प्रताप मल्लका पालाका पाँच अभिलेख (209 kb, 33-38)
author: जगदीशचन्द्र रेग्मी
- नुवाकोटमा उपलब्ध ऐतिहासिक उपकरण (207 kb, 39-44)
author: शङ्करमान राजवंशी
- इतिहास संशोधनको केही संशोधन (121 kb, 45-47)
author: मोहनप्रसाद खनाल
- श्री ५ पृथ्वीनारायण शाहको कान्तिपुर-प्रवेशको दिनविषयमा केही विचार (78 kb, 48-49)
author: नयनराज पन्त
- Inscriptional Evidence on the Preservation of Monuments in Nepal (764 kb, 50-66)
author: Dr. N.R. Banerjee
- About the Authors (35 kb)