Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (3.1 MB)
- Cover and Contents (139 kb)
- नेपाल देशको इतिहास (गताङ्कको बाँकी) (1.3 MB, 1-24)
- ऐतिहासिक पत्रस्तम्भ (355 kb, 25-31)
- लिस्तीको आड (610 kb, 32-33)
author: मोहन प्रसाद खनाल
- नेपालमा सौर्यसम्प्रदाय तथा नवग्रहमूर्ति (516 kb, 34-41)
author: तारानन्द मिश्र
- भक्तपुरको मल्लकालको ऐतिहासिक ताडपत्र (112 kb, 42-44)
author: शंकरमान राजवंशी
- नेपालमा कार्त्तिकेय एक अध्ययन (453 kb, 45-55)
author: हरिराम जोशी
- Newar Marriage Customs (132 kb, 53-55)
author: Purna Harsha Bajracharya
- About the Authors (36 kb, 56-57)